21 April 2005

Lilo and Stitch~the Serious

T says, "let's watch Lilo and Stitch-the serious."

So cute, but he doesn't realize how accurate it is...and neither did I.

Lilo takes pictures of people and Nani, her sister develops the film. Lilo hangs the pictures on the wall in her room. I didn't understand why she took pictures of the people and things that she did until Greg explained it to me,"She sees the beauty inside things."

Wow. That is so true. And recently, I realized that Rosie is the same way. In her blog, she mentions Michael, who is someone that most people would shun, but Rosie is drawn into his life.

It is a very serious matter to accept people for who they are...not what they seem. Lilo finds the beauty in Stitch, who was created to be a monster of destruction. Rosie sees the beauty in people who are bent on self-destruction-not because they want to be, but because it is what they have learned to do or accept.

I read Find Me...finally. I have wanted to read it since it was published, but finally did. In the reading, I realized a lot about myself. It helped me see things in a different frame. A yellow one.

See that is the goal, I think. Help people reframe their pain, grief, circumstance by seeing what you have done in yours. We grow by what we see, think and feel. It shouldn't matter whether we are a dandelion or a butter cup...in the end both are yellow.

4 comments:

The Queen B said...

Hi there! Just wanted to thank you for you kind words of encouragement that you posted on my site! It's stories like yours that I need to hear while I sit and continue working on sustaining this pregnancy.

lightfeather said...

Beautiful!

I just now realized I am a LINK! How cool is that? And I thought I was just a little old corner of the web, blogging away oblivious to the world!

Keep writing. Love you! Love the kids! Love the world! The more you give away, the more you get in return. Love is just that way!

for_the_lonely said...

Great post, Renee! It's so much fun to find yellow with you. Our walks in life are much more fun when walking with an encouraging friend! ((((((((Renee)))))))))
Have a yellow day, buttercup! :)

Sarah

JessieTYCG said...

Hey there Renee!

You asked where in the great state of cheese I am from. Just take a bunch of O's, stick them in-between
some consonents, and you'll have my location ;0)