I read Rosie's blog again. She has a storage garage full of her paintings. Oh, how I wish that she would auction them off on ebay or something. That would be wonderful. She could use the money for her foundations. I would like to bid on her paintings. Some are very sad, but in side, they are "yellow", which she calls peace and love, I think.
I'm not sure where the "yellow" reference comes from, but I think it must be an "inside" joke type thing...not that she is kidding, just that she and maybe anyone who knows a song that refers to being "yellow" as being a good and warm thing--are in on it.
It reminded me of a Robert Frost poem...Nothing Gold Can Stay. It was quoted in S.E. Hinton's novel The Outsiders:
"...So leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."
I guess that is what I think about when I read Rosie's blog...she speaks sometimes of bigotry and hate...she is right, she was so adored. It makes me sad. I remember she did an interview and she was asked if she was afraid that her fans would turn away from her because she came out. She replied that she didn't think that they would leave her or hate her...because she had too much faith in them...in us. I wish that she knew that there are so many people out here who miss and continue to adore her.
How can this be 2005? We are stuck in a world of hatred. A world where you can say anything...you can hide behind anonymity...behind white sheets and pointed hoods....behind law suits that don't allow prayer, but allow hatred to be spewed forth as so much "truth."
The truth is that there are more GOOD people out here than bad, but we always here about the bad. I bet that Rosie had confidence in her viewers, because SHE WAS RIGHT. We are too good to hate her on the basis of NOTHING. We cannot control anyone but ourselves. She has done so much good. Why can't we just love her? Why can't we just enjoy the wonderful things that she does for children?
I was abused as a child...sexually. Hate him. Hate the perpetrators of crime. Don't hate good people. But you know what? VICTIMS of crimes are treated like criminals...attorneys can make up any lie that they want to and have someone attest to it and the victim's reputation is ripped to shreds. Criminals, however, can commit numerous murders or rapes or whatever and you cannot breathe a word of it during a trial.
Why do people hate? You know what? I have to forgive the people who abused me because if I don't, I drown in hate and anger. Why give up my life to that? It has taken me a long time to voice it aloud, but I know that I am close. I forgave once and then a whole bunch more flashbacks started. It was frightening and I hated all over again. But I hated someone who did me wrong. Hating someone who has NEVER done anything to you is insane.
There is too much insanity in 2005. I wonder sometimes what Abe Lincoln, Bobby Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Jr., and all of the rest think when they look upon a sorry, sorry world that hasn't made it beyond the hate...
I'm not sure where the "yellow" reference comes from, but I think it must be an "inside" joke type thing...not that she is kidding, just that she and maybe anyone who knows a song that refers to being "yellow" as being a good and warm thing--are in on it.
It reminded me of a Robert Frost poem...Nothing Gold Can Stay. It was quoted in S.E. Hinton's novel The Outsiders:
"...So leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."
I guess that is what I think about when I read Rosie's blog...she speaks sometimes of bigotry and hate...she is right, she was so adored. It makes me sad. I remember she did an interview and she was asked if she was afraid that her fans would turn away from her because she came out. She replied that she didn't think that they would leave her or hate her...because she had too much faith in them...in us. I wish that she knew that there are so many people out here who miss and continue to adore her.
How can this be 2005? We are stuck in a world of hatred. A world where you can say anything...you can hide behind anonymity...behind white sheets and pointed hoods....behind law suits that don't allow prayer, but allow hatred to be spewed forth as so much "truth."
The truth is that there are more GOOD people out here than bad, but we always here about the bad. I bet that Rosie had confidence in her viewers, because SHE WAS RIGHT. We are too good to hate her on the basis of NOTHING. We cannot control anyone but ourselves. She has done so much good. Why can't we just love her? Why can't we just enjoy the wonderful things that she does for children?
I was abused as a child...sexually. Hate him. Hate the perpetrators of crime. Don't hate good people. But you know what? VICTIMS of crimes are treated like criminals...attorneys can make up any lie that they want to and have someone attest to it and the victim's reputation is ripped to shreds. Criminals, however, can commit numerous murders or rapes or whatever and you cannot breathe a word of it during a trial.
Why do people hate? You know what? I have to forgive the people who abused me because if I don't, I drown in hate and anger. Why give up my life to that? It has taken me a long time to voice it aloud, but I know that I am close. I forgave once and then a whole bunch more flashbacks started. It was frightening and I hated all over again. But I hated someone who did me wrong. Hating someone who has NEVER done anything to you is insane.
There is too much insanity in 2005. I wonder sometimes what Abe Lincoln, Bobby Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Jr., and all of the rest think when they look upon a sorry, sorry world that hasn't made it beyond the hate...

1 comment:
I'd do anything to have one of Rosie's paintings. It would be very cool, very "yellow" hehehe
Hugs,
Sarah
for_the_lonely | Homepage | 04.15.05 - 8:35 pm | #
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Soapbox. Thanks for commenting on my site. I thought I'd return the favor and come to yours, which, by the way, has such beautiful writings.
very nice...very yellow.
I'll be back to read more. Take care.
Katie Corbett | Homepage | 04.15.05 - 10:49 pm | #
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post a Comment