10 April 2005

Spring!

I opened the window in my room this morning and the breeze is fresh and new. The birds are singing and chatting with each other about the best place to build a nest this year. Our Basset Hound holds her head up to the wind and sniffs every story carried her way. My children are bouncing off of the walls this morning and I can't even make time for the coffee pot.

The sun is shining and we have plans for a garden...one for vegetables and everyone gets a plot for flowers, too. This is our first home...bought in the fall when things from the old were being purged and stored. Now, the world is awakening and our home is awakening too...renovations...reconstruction...need a fence.

I can "see" the iris reaching to the sky; daffodils welcome honey bees into their yellow hallways; elegant calla lilies curl upwards, like a believer reaching toward Heaven with gratitude and awe. I imagine the rock garden on the hillside where fresh herbs will cascade like green waterfalls. I "see" these things...I better get busy!!!

No comments: