I didn't know what a blog was. I didn't have one. I did "get" one though. I think I realized that I needed one. In therapy, I learned the value of journaling. It is cathartic. I have posted and read and thought and pondered. It has been a good and valuable experience.
The thing is that once I started blogging, I read Rosie's comments. That is when I became interested in other people's lives. I usually find something touching in a post left on Rosie's Comments pages and then link for a visit.
I have visited many a blog and read about many a heart break, joy or view of something simple. I comment and viola! I have connected.
The interesting thing is that I have forged cyber friendships with people that I might not have met. I love the play and film-Six Degrees of Separation. I really should read the novel. Greg took me to see the play for our anniversary. Oh! It was wonderful. Intimate seating, so the audience was actually part of the story...much like the people standing around listing to Louisa, call me Uisa and her husband's stories spun by the "son of Sidney Poitier." Six degrees.
I visit blogs on a semi-regular basis or almost obsessively depending on what is happening in my world...or what isn't happening. But I have connected...with friends...people from all walks of life. I enjoy this discussion and support. It is like I have known you for a long time. I know that it is an illusion, but it feels that way. I think that it feels that way because we share very deep thoughts and feelings.
Perhaps the best thing about this is that it opens my mind. I am learning. I am feeling. I am "joining." I have read hate, but that is actually few and far between. For the most part, there is friendship, laughter, concern, support, assistance and curiosity.
I like looking into your life and I thank you for visiting mine. Here, in cyber space, I find that I am not alone. That is comforting. Thank you for your cyber support.

5 comments:
I also decided to click on you your link..Enjoyed reading your Cyber entry.
Take Care
I love reading your blog everyday, Renee. I couldn't have said it any better!
Hugs,
Sarah
it really is a strange beautiful world in here. safe, yet addicting.
i'll be on less this week as im away on a "retreat" and limited computer. i suppose i'll live. lol.
I love Rosie. I love blogs. After you left me a note, I've added you to the list of blogs I read 2-3 times a week. I look forward to reading & Sharing more with you my new blog buddy.
Getting to know you, getting to know all about you....getting to like you, hoping that you'll like me :-)
You're making me (and my heart) sing today! Took the weekend "off" and am catching up.
I LOVE the kite idea! So much to learn. I am in the process of making a "trouble tree" where I can hang my troubles before they get into the house, but I like the kite better! Write on!
Post a Comment