My husband has decided to join 'blog land.' It makes me happy. Blogging is a fine pastime. An interesting way to meet people that you wouldn't ordinarily meet. A good way to vent, dream or fantasize about almost anything.
So I would like to introduce you to my husband, Warriors Forever . He is the former Executive Producer for the SportsAmerican Radio Network. He has rubbed elbows with some incredible sports talents in media and on the field of play, including Kevin Harlan and a certain green and gold clad number four superstar from the frozen tundra.
That is impressive, even to me, but the role that he really excels in is that of husband and father. He gave up the glory of sports to head into a medical career, which would allow him to spend more time with his family. In that way, he is a lot like Moonlight Graham. Moonlight Graham played one inning of a baseball game, as I recall. Although he was awesome at baseball, he gave it all up and became a doctor.
G's favorite number is four. That is interesting because Paul Molitor, G's all-time favorite baseball player was number four and Brett Favre is number four. The most amazing thing about the number four in G's life is that in numerology, I am a number four. I'd like to be a ten, but I will settle for the number four because that is what he likes.
I hope that you enjoy reading his blog too. Feel free to report back any little thing that I should be made aware of ;)
You might also enjoy, Webb's Just a Sexy Boy, truth be told, I am the one who he refers to in his first post; I used to do this to help him get over his shyness. Number One Daughter is his God Daughter.
And I have been visiting a new blog: Sdwynd's Ramblings and Musings. His "grasshopper" was diagnosed with autism and the family is sponsoring a walk for a cure. Please visit his blog and bookmark it so you can offer support and donations if you are able. And DO check out his music link. He rocks for Jesus. Too cool.
You can also help Amateur Dad right now. He is working on a novel and would like feedback. It is an interesting read and I recommend it if you haven't checked out Dancing Among the Fireflies, please do and be liberal with your comments.;)
And here is a blog that you should bookmark. It's by an Aussie daddy who is a poet, prankster and proud father of one with another on the way. You MUST work back to the It's a BIG Ad post; not only is it worth the trip, but you will laugh out loud. Drop by and say G'Day, Mate or Quark Quark...you will have to read his posts to get that one;) Chocolate Makes it Better.
These are the blogs that make me smile, think or shed a tear or two. It depends. Men blog and it is a good thing because it lets us get into their minds. It helps us understand and surrender. Their laughter, joy and pain is real and raw. I enjoy seeing the world through a man's blog. Sometimes it helps me understand G or 18 year old a little more. That is what life is about: understanding. When you understand, you can assist or encourage. This 'cyber-village' is all right.
24 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
High five to G for his new blog! I am heading there now!
Love you!
Sarah
Hope you dont mind me mosying around a bit.
Thanks for the Mahalo's.
Aloha.
I am going to check out your blogs in this post. They sound great. I also like visiting cyber villages.
~Deborah
Guys are among the minority when it comes to blogging. Thanks for highlighting some very special people. I'll be over to visit your hubby soon.
Lois Lane
BTW, the raccoons will go away by themselves if you play talk radio very loudly near their "nest".
Renee,
Thanks for the plug! And I'm glad I can make you laugh and cry, though hopfully more the former than the latter.
I tend to read many women's blogs more than men's. I don't know if it's to understand women better or that I just like women. Either works.
I've noticed the ratio of women to men in blogland. I said I've noticed. Not complaining.
Understanding is indeed a prerequisite to assisting. If only I could have put it so succinctly and elegantly.
I'll be back to continue reading.
Post a Comment