
It began on September 11, 2001, when airplanes were hijacked. When lives were lost. Mommies died. Daddies died. Daughters and sons died. Jihad began and it was being fought against "soft targets." Against people not trained to fight in trenches against an enemy that acts with cowardice. They no nothing of honor.
It continues road side on beds of asphalt in 118 degree heat. Soldiers, Troops, Marines, National Guard called up to defend their country.

It continues in fox holes. And it is being done to protect me and my family. It is being done to help Iraqi people who suffered at the hand of a tyrannical leader. It is for them and their future, as much as it is for me and my children's future. It is for women who are treated worse than animals in a country where women do not have a voice much less a chance.

I know men who were killed while defending my freedom. I have attended funerals of honorable men doing a thankless job. I know wives and daughters and sons presented with an American flag as a symbol of gratitude from a nation grateful for their sacrifice.

My dad went to Vietnam and I am proud of him for doing it. He enlisted during the Korean War because it was the right thing to do and he went to Vietnam. He held his boys while they breathed their last breath. He was in a war where MIA-Missing in Action was common. Matt Maupin is the only MIA from the war with Iraq. He is the only one still missing.

President Bush cried when he talked about September 11, 2001 and the lives lost. I am a Republican. I voted for Bush-both of them. If you are in the military-you understand this. I will vote republican again.
I do not believe that he is the "anti-christ" that many portray him to be. I believe that he is a human being doing what he thinks is best for our country-right now. I believe that he has information that we do not have. I believe that he is at heart a very good man.

I am a Marine Corps brat. I pray that all Airmen, Soldiers, Troops, Marines, Sailors and Special Forces, wives, mothers, fathers, siblings, children, I pray that they will enjoy the same happy reunion depicted here. I pray that they come home. And if instead they are 'called home,' I pray that their family is comforted by the gratitude of a grateful nation.
http://www.pro-american.com/Music/Im%20proud%20to%20be%20an%20american.mp3
"And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. ‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A."
"Yes, I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. ‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A."
I support our troops yesterday, today and tomorrow.

2 comments:
That's what I like about you yanks....your a patriotic mob.
Us aussies are pretty relaxed when it comes to this. Sometimes a bit too laid back.
It's great to see someone who loves their country so much and the people in it and what they stand for.
Pete
Lee Greenwood was here this last weekend at a local art museum. He sang " Proud to be an American"...wish I could've gone...
Post a Comment