The five things that I miss from my childhood are:
- My siblings. The last time that I saw my baby sister, I was holding her second oldest in my arms. He was a baby. He is just starting classes at university.
- The last time that I saw my brother, he had emergency surgery on his brain and the fluid was being drained off of it-I had never met his wife or daughters prior to that. The are all lovely ladies.
- The last time that I saw my older sister, was at G's and my wedding. Our tenth anniversary is May '06.
- The last time that I saw my parents, I was telling them I was PG with Number One Daughter-who just turned six in July.)
- The thing that I miss most about my childhood is the illusion that we were one for all-all for one. I thought that we would be together forever. Life takes over and viola. It was just "us"; the six of us for many, many years. Tours of duty moved us from place to place, but I liked that part. A new adventure. I get itchy feet even now, but our itchy feet and circumstances have carried us to different states and we don't have the opportunities that we would like to be together. There is one thing that I know: I will not allow my family to end up like this. I will do whatever it takes to see my children and their families. It should be an annual thing. Perry Como's Home for the Holidays is playing in my mind. :) "...If you wanna be happy in a million ways, for the holidays, you can't be beat Home Sweet Home..... For the holidays you can't beat HOME SWEET HOME." That is my favorite Christmas carol.

7 comments:
Loving the U2 video, and the song ~ yeah it's a good one!
I can relate to this post. I grew up a military brat, I had 3 sisters at home and the 4 of us were a normal family, 2 loving parents, we moved a lot. I too always thought we'd be together. Now, our parents are both gone, and we miss them. The fortunate thing for us is that 3 of us are still living in the same city, and only one isn't, but she's only a few hours away.
Oh how this post made me nostalgic and miss the way it was.....always forever.
You live that far away from your siblings? I can't imagine how hard it would be to have not seen them for that long.
That is really too bad. :(
I am sorry to hear that it has been so long since you have seen your family. The saying is true..absence makes the heart grow fonder. I can not imagine how "fond" your heart is right now.
Thanks for answering the tag! It was great to read your answers. I hope that youa re feeling well.
Love you,
Sarah
I've been tagged!!!
I feel like a deer with one of those radio chip earings!!!
I'm off to eat some berries!!
This is the first time in thee days that your blog would completely load! I could not comment and I had to reboot cuz of that little rainbow ball!
So, I am glad you did the tag. Let's us/me know a bit more about you.
I am glad you are changing things for your family.
Home Sweet Home, like no other place on earth!
Yup, Dorothy said it best "There's no place like home!"
I hope you are able to get together with them all very soon.
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane
click click
there's no place like home.
hugs,
Karen and Toto too !
Post a Comment