Trenton Duckett is missing. His mother said that he was sleeping soundly in his crib when she checked on him at 7 p.m. on August 26th. Trenton's mommy's name is Mindy Duckett.Mindy said that she had shopped all day with her two-year-old son. When they returned home, she stated that she placed him in his crib around 6:30 p.m.
According to the police report, Mindy told police that a couple of her friends came over to watch a movie. At 9:30, she went to check on her toddler, but he wasn't in his crib. Mindy called the police.
The police were shown a cut screen in the baby's room and a picture that had been knocked off of the windowsill. The police began the search for little Trenton.
I do not know the events that brought about Mindy's appearance on Nancy Grace's show, but I know that outcome of it. Mindy Duckett, 21, shot herself to death after a very disturbing exchange with Nancy Grace.

The blonde former prosecutor is well known for her fist pounding declarations of guilt aimed at guests on her show. I think the 21 year-old didn't know what she was getting herself into when she agreed to appear on the show. I wonder how many times Grace accuses someone of doing something and they actually are guilty? It is thought provoking.
Grace made Duckett trip all over herself during a cross examination that ended with the blonde host accusing the 21-year-old of something sinister...Not in so many words, but there was no doubt what Grace was insinuating.
It is highly likely or perhaps highly probable that Mindy Duckett played a role in the disappearance of her son. Statistics prove that when a member of a family goes missing, it is often a family member who made the other "disappear."
Remember Jenny Jones? Another blonde talk show hostess who played a role in a death that occurred after a guest appeared on her show? There are some things that do not belong on television, but the problem is that viewers watch shows like this. A jury held Jones accountable for the death of a 32 year old guest after he revealed a secret crush on a heterosexual guest. Three days after the segment was taped, the man who was "humiliated" on the show killed the guest who had a crush on him.
Mindy Duckett may have known what happened to her little boy, but Grace crossed a line. The only person who might have been able to find Trenton has taken any information that she had to her grave.
Trenton's mom was an orphan from South Korea. She was a gifted student, by all accounts. Her grandfather insists that she told him that she didn't have anything to do with her son's disappearance. There are times when this kind of blind faith proves unwarranted, but does that justify the means? Not to me.
I hope that Duckett's family takes Nancy Grace to task for the suicide of Mindy Duckett. Mindy could have helped authorities find her boy; if she had anything to do with his disappearance, she might have been coaxed to revealing that given time. Instead, when Mindy pulled the trigger to shoot herself, Nancy Grace might as well have been standing beside her with her finger on the trigger. That is not good television. That is a travesty of justice especially for Trenton Duckett.

4 comments:
I have never like Ms. Grace and her show or interviewing style. This story just put me over the edge with heartache and anger. Heartache for this young mother and anger toward an insensitive, unempathic journalist.
we don't have that show here. but we have our share of people who went on to kill themselves after similar shows or insensitive news reports.
i just hate armchair justice.
We don't have that show here either but I'm sure I read about it somewhere. I guess they will never find that little boy now :(.
I was out of town when this aired but heard about the repercussions on CNN. Nancy Grace crossed the line. I am sad and sickened about what now happens to this little boy. Right on Renee. You keep writing!
Post a Comment