Although the digital picture isn't of the best quality, it is easy to see how cute this little boy is. Candy is smeared around his mouth. His eyes are deep and expressive. He looks like any other little boy. Unfortunately, this isn't just any other little boy. Sadly, this is Marcus. Marcus had a disability of some sort. I do not know what his disability is, nor is it important. He is a cute boy. I look at this picture and want to hug him tightly.
I wish that I could change Marcus' name and bring him home, but it is too late for that. He died when he was three years old. He was a child in the foster care system. On Tuesday, August 30th, 2006, his foster parents were charged with his murder.
His so called foster parents had a family reunion to go to. Rather than take this adorable little boy with them, they decided to leave him behind. If only they had done simply that. Instead, his foster parents rolled him up in a blanket with his hands pinned behind him. Then they wrapped him up in the blanket with duct tape and placed Little Marcus Fiesel in a closet. They left him there for two days. Upon their return from the reunion. Little Marcus was dead.
When his "foster parents" discovered his body, they had no more mercy for this little boy then they did when they placed him in the closet. This man and woman took his body to a remote location. Then the couple "made several attempts to burn Marcus Fiesel's body and concocted an elaborate sham to cover up the boy's death, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Tuesday (August 30th)."
I do not know why it is so easy for foster parents to be approved to provide shelter to children and then abuse, abandon, neglect, torture and murder them. I do not know why we stand for it. I do not understand why there are so many people opposed to adoption by alternative life style living parents who want a child so very badly.
The government doesn't believe that gay couples should wed or be given the privilege of being parents. Meanwhile, it apparently believes that the foster care system is a safe haven for children.
This is Liz Carroll. Her husband, David Carroll, Jr. Helped murder Marcus. They stood before cameras and begged that he be returned home. Then they repeatedly returned to his body and tried to burn his remains. They pleaded for his safe return. But they never cared about his safety at all. To them Marcus was nothing more than a paycheck. In essence, the foster care system is the "puppy mill" of children. Trade services for money without regard to the living or death conditions of the helpless victims.It is beyond time to fix the foster care system. Innocent children are dying. No one listened to Marcus Fiesel's whimpers. No one could hear him, yet the district attorney knew that this wasn't the first time that he had been left alone. Marcus Fiesel's plight was known, but someone choose to ignore it and now little Marcus Fiesel is dead.

4 comments:
I heard about this, and it made me sick to my stomach. If only there were pure loving families that would take these children...what a sweet little angel Heaven has now.
Sarah
That's absolutely awful!!! I hadn't heard about that and I'm always horrified that people can be so cruel, especially to innocent children. I hope they get a long stretch in jail.
Beyond words..Just tragic :(
so sad, just so sad. it is time that we become self righteously indignant and scream and yell about this injustice.
i am so glad that you speak for the children.
Post a Comment