12 September 2006

New 9-11 video

I cannot believe that anyone was able to keep this to themselves for five years. This is the new perspective on the WTC tragedy. The view is just from the side of the front doors of the North Tower.

The woman filming is holding an infant. My heart ached as I listened to her commentary. It is a stunning sight. Shocking moments caught in time. I think it is important that the couple released this because with the aid of digital technology, someone may be able to identify some of the emergency workers prior to the fall of the towers. This might provide some closure for their families.

It is not easy to watch. I didn't watch any of the "anniversary" coverage from five years ago. I did watch this and it is a poignant reminder that we must be on-guard. Not paralyzed, but on-guard and watchful. Not frightened, but empowered to do all we can to prevent another attack on our shores.

On September 11, 2001, President George W. Bush did the best that anyone could under the circumstances to pull our country together after a terrifying event. The tears in his eyes were genuine. I think that it is easy to forget that he was moved by the plight of the families that lost loved ones on that dark day. Whether you or I support the President is unimportant right now. We need to remember that he led us on a very dark day. On September 11, 2001, I was proud that he was our President.

You can argue many things about our government right now, but on that awful day all I could see for miles and miles was raw courage under fire. I mean that from the blind man who made it all the way out from the 78th floor to the hundreds of emergency services workers who marched in and met their fate.

This is a link to the newly released video: http://www.revver.com/view.php?id=59686 I originally linked it here so you could see it, but my blog won't load with it. You won't be able to look away. I don't know why that is. Perhaps it is because all of the video shot of the WTC event showed the buildings and people running from them. This shows the people "marching into hell for a heavenly cause..."

1 comment:

for_the_lonely said...

I tried to view this, but could not see it. Nonetheless, I am sure that it was just as griping as all of the other home videos that were documented on that day. Five years have come and gone, but they will never be forgotten.

Sarah