
Jason was wondering what sumi-e is. This is the art of sumi-e. It is capitalizing on the use of a few brush strokes to make a picture. It is fascinating. My mom studied it when we lived in Japan. I have recently taken an interest in it and hope to become good at it. So far, I can only do little bamboo paintings. It is a beautiful art, no?

7 comments:
Nice work! Japanese art can be so minimalist but yet still expressive.
soo many things are better sometimes when less is more.
Cooking
Snooker
Music
Bills!
That is beautiful!!!!
PS I love your christmas video a girl after my own heart!
God bless and have a great holiday weekend
Love
Dianna
That is really gorgeous! I love the simplicity and beauty of it.
beautiful !
hugs,
Karen
This is gorgeous, Renee. Thank you for being a beautiful ray of light on these dark days.
Love you,
Sarah
It is very pretty and delicate looking. I like it!
Post a Comment