23 September 2005

Laugh, Little Big Boy, Laugh

The best part about being a SAHM is being there when I need to be. Having access to my children and their needs. There are many, many conflicts with being at home, but I have loved it these past three and one half years.

The increased stress on our budget and the fact that Little Big Boy has begun preschool make it necessary for me to look for work, so interviews abound. It is a heart-breaking part of being a SAHM. I know that I am going to miss being here and being together. (See the teary eyes.)

At precisely 3:12 a.m. this morning, Little Big Boy was laughing in his sleep. He was laughing loud enough for me to hear and I couldn't resist joining in. He has a head cold and had come into our room in the middle of the night and was sleeping next to me, so I had a front row seat as he laughed joyfully in his slumber. I continued listening to him laugh and then he said, "That is so funny." I laughed louder and he laughed again and soon he was silent and his breathing became regular again.

Those are the times that make my heart sing. I realized that I would still have moments with him-even if/when I return to work. I will still hear him laugh and be able to share in his joys. I will still be able to hear him laughing in the wee hours of the morning. God knew that I needed a sign of his understanding of my plight and I have a feeling HE was tickling Little Big Boy at 3:12 a.m. just for me.

4 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Quierda,
This , too, made my heart sing. In the midst of our busy and concerned world, laughter from a child truly gives your soul some spingles. He is always with us..and I am sure that you are right... I am sure that He was tickling little big boy to give you some great comfort! :)

Love you,
Sarah

A Flowered Purse said...

Awwwwwww how sweet!!!
Those moments are the best.
I hope your going back to work is an easy transition, ill be there soon too!!
Have a great weekend!
You have a great blog, Ill have to go back and read up!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. Nice to know you appreciated it as well. Too few do.

angela marie said...

Good luck in your job search. Working part-time is a dream for me. 2 days at one job, 3 days at home for my other job. Some good, some bad. That's life, eh? :)