07 October 2005

I must learn to...


~let go of things beyond my control.

~leave "well enough" alone.

~give up the need to control because I did not have control of people who harmed me when I was too young to defend myself or understand what was happening.

~accept that I can only do so much.

~be thankful for my husband and children-at all times and not just when it is convenient for me.

~forgive myself for falling short of "perfection."

~realize that "things" happen and it doesn't mean that they are "being done to me;" they are just happening.

~savor the autumn air before it, like the summer, is over before I had the opportunity to appreciate it.

~give God the reins for the whole ride and not just when I "need" or "want" him to take them.

3 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

I like how you said that you need to realize that things happen just because, not that they intended to happen....what a wonderful realization! Perhaps I need to take that into consideration as well. When things are going good, I am glad, and when things go bad, I figure that I deserved it. We truly are our own worst enemy at times, huh? I hope that you are having a wonderful Friday. Have a lovely weekend, my dear friend!

Love,
Sarah

www.kimmy.cc said...

If you learn to do just one of those things, your life will be better :)

*hugging you*

sydwynd said...

Good words for us all. Letting go is so hard. However, I have found that the good things in my life didn't start to happen until I stopped worrying about the future and letting God take care of it for me. The more I let go and trust in Him, the more blessings He gives me.