What a farce.
I am sure that there are people who believe that some kind of justice was served up tonight in this 90 minute exploitation of advertising dollars and viewer patience, but I am not one of them.
I did not watch the show during the season. I watched a marathon or rather part of a marathon of it over the weekend. I was ill and not hiding from life...Anyway, I watched Kelly Monaco become more graceful and John Hurley become...Sigh...What is the word that I am looking for...Humorous?
John Hurley is funny. He was elegant during ballroom dancing, but at the end of the series, he just didn't have it. On the other hand, Kelly had it all-style, grace, confidence. It was wonderful to see Alec and Kelly pull off the Cinderella win.
Then there was this "dance off." Yes, tonight John and Christine or whatever her name was were much, much better, but isn't that the whole point of competition in the first place? On the right night, Kelly pulled off the win and then because someone didn't like the results, we had to do it all over again. What if the Bo Bice fans or "powers that be" had demanded a "sing off?" Good grief, the implications are staggering...
If we allowed that to happen with everything, we would never crown a Super Bowl champion, we would be competing and re-competing for everything. No World Series winner. No President of the United States.
I did not enjoy the show tonight. I never did like the co-hosts. I don't even know their names. The judges were fine, but all in all it was just a ratings ploy and a real shame. That's too bad, too, because had it been left alone, I might have watched this season for real. As it is I am sorry that I got suckered into watching it at all.
I do not watch any of the so called "reality t.v." shows. They are so much camera angles, editing and show and tell--watching Bobby Brown or Tommy Lee do anything but go to jail just does not interest me. I know better-Again. From now on, I'll just hit the power button to the off position.
22 September 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I did not watch this show at all either...I saw it once to see Joey McIntyre..my old childhood crush from the good NKOTB craze! LOL
Post a Comment