This morning began like a real life.Rise and shine at 5:05 a.m. when 18 year old let me know that it was time for his ride to work. We are sharing one car right now and it is so much fun. I mean I recommend having only one car when you have three licensed drivers, especially when all three work different shifts. It is also a lot of fun to only one car when both six year old and three year old have to be picked up from school within 15 minutes of each other and they attend school in different towns. Yep! One car is fun, but I digress.
I took him to work and then drove home. Round trip is about 35 minutes. Today is trash day, so I emptied the trash cans, gathered and bagged the plastic and aluminum recycling and got it ready to go.
Then I did something that I have only done a few times. I changed the litter box. I did it for G. I did it as a symbol of the way that I want our lives to be again. Sharing in decisions and not walking on egg shells. Sharing chores and me not relying on him to run all of the errands because I can't leave my home...My prison.
I bagged the trash, refuse, waste and recycling and realized that that is living. Life isn't about the little melodramas that we watch on television. The problems that are solved in 22 minutes-allowing for commercials. No television isn't life. Even news isn't life and most certainly "reality shows" are not life.
Life is about getting up and changing the litter box because it needs to be changed. That is as simple and base as it gets. I changed the litter box today and for some reason, it was like dumping the past, too. Right out into the dumpster where refuse belongs. A hurtful past is refuse and it takes a long time to bag it up and tie it up and toss it out.
I took care of a chore that I do not usually perform, so maybe G will take it as a sign that I am ready to get back to living. Anyway, the cat's appreciated it. Immediately after I changed it, they had to try it out. NO, I didn't clean it again.

5 comments:
Life is indeed more about the little, day to day things. Glad you seem to be moving forward.
I'm surprised the cats appreciated your effort. Our's just bitches at us if she doesn't get her way.
I appreciate the analogy of dumping the "crap" out of your life. You are taking great strides, Renee. We are walking side by side with this horrible battle..but you know what? I believe that we are going to win! I love you!
Sarah
Renee,
I want to kiss those cute kittens. And the litter box analogy is great...and true.
~Deb
I was so touched by this entry.
Thank you for the reminders and the pleasant reading of your prose.
I always learn something about myself here.
take care...
Hey Darlin!
Movement, what ever the type has to come at some point. From the kitties, from you and from G.
You are a tough girl, you have a lot of support, you know that!!
Funny, I miss someone I have never met ,......
Post a Comment