25 July 2005

The real world

I may be re-entering the real world. The work seven days per week world. I had an interview last Thursday. I must admit that I was petrified of leaving my home. I didn't want to go out "there." But I went and not only did I survive it, but I had two great interviews.

My first interview was with the human resources generalist. An assistant sat in on it so that she could begin conducting interviews. Then I met with the department head and the person who would be my immediate supervisor. All of them were very nice and I enjoyed chatting with them very much.

I walked in uncertain of the outcome that I wanted. I walked out with an air of excitement at the possibilities. I love to be busy and challenged. I enjoy learning new things and I have to be learning to keep my interest in something. I think this could work out. It has potential.

Perhaps the best thing about it is that in a way it involves taking care of people. Helping them feel better. That is something that I have longed to do. Just help people. Make a difference. Have a meaningful occupation.

I think this could be it. I think this could be worth heading back out "there" for. I think it could be good for us as a family. I am trying to let it go. To just think and pray on it and then let it go. I am one of those people who take bake my worries, "Here you go, God!" I shout, "Run out for a long one." But after He catches it, I run the distance and grab it back and make sure that we are playing with the same game ball.

Since I am potentially going back out 'there', I know that I am going to have to let go of the ball and see what happens. Today, I'm going to sit on my hands and wait for him to speak to me.

4 comments:

Karen said...

good for you !
I hope that it all works out.
sounds like you are excited about the possible position and that it may be just perfect for you.
take care,
Karen

for_the_lonely said...

Oh, Renee!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you!!! I wish you all the best! It is so great to see all of my friends, including myself, take such great strides in overcoming our fears! Blog buddies are the best!!! I love you!

Sarah

A Flowered Purse said...

Wishing you much luck!!!!!
Interviews can be very scary. I miss working so badly :(
Hoping to see an update today that you got the job!
hugs
Dianna

Just Jan said...

thanks for the visit to my blog. I stopped by this morning to see yours and I'm captivated so far by your entries.

I too have so many times in my life giving things up to God and told him he has to deal with them as I am at aloss on how to...yet find myself checking in now and then to see how he's doing....something I know I need not do as he is all capable in fixing everything I let him take care of. Someday I'll learn to fully let go then the stress in my life will cease.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your entries.