A woman's son was deployed in Iraq and he told her about soldiers who did not receive mail. They didn't ever receive mail from anyone at any time. It stirred her mother's heart greatly. She decided to write letters to some of the soldiers. Soon the list of needy soldiers grew and Soldier's Angels was born. I recently registered and became a Soldier's Angel. It is a neat way to do something tangible to assist our troops and to let them know that they are not alone.
I have pasted information below that you can check out and decide whether or not you want to register. I would like to offer something up to you: You cannot discuss the location of your soldier. You must not tell people where your soldier is. There are accounts of terrorists surfing chatrooms of military families and trying to obtain information. Just be discreet and private about it and do not discuss your soldier or name your soldier online or in a chatroom and you will be fine.
There is another program, too. For a six dollar donation, a soldier will be given the opportunity to provide their child with a toy. You pay six dollars and the soldier sends a toy to his child with a card and the soldier also gets to choose the gift. It is a neat program and you can access that program at this link: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/2/prweb106818.htm
You don't have to adopt a soldier to take part. There are many programs on the Soldier's Angel website; for example, you can make a blanket that will be sent to a wounded soldier. It is a neat program. There is a story on the website where a soldier shows his blanket off. It is touching and heart warming. There is so much you can do to let soldiers know that you are here and that you care...about them.
I have said this before: I remember during the Vietnam war that I wondered why everyone hated my dad. It made me very sad. Now, you can do something that will effect the children as well as the soldier. Children need to see that they are not alone in their caring for their parent who is deployed. What a wonderful gift to give to a child.
Here is the story of Soldier's Angels and a link to the site can be reached by clicking on the title of this post. Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.
"If anybody is wondering: Where are the young idealists? Where are the people willing to devote themselves to causes larger than themselves? They are in uniform in Iraq, straddling the divide between insanity and order."
David Brooks
Please step forward and become a SOLDIERS ANGEL.
Adopt A Soldier , Write a letter, Make a Blanket of Hope or join one of our MANY teams NOW!
Our angels provide aide and comfort to ALL United States deployed & wounded military heroes. Angels who adopt a hero send a card or letter a week and at least two care packages a month. We have found that this support from home truly helps to " Bring Home Healthy Soldiers " Click on the title of this post to apply to be a Soldier's Angel or to discover how you can help in a number of different ways. If you are representing a company or group of people who wish to become involved with our program, please contact us: pcksoldieradoptns@sbcglobal.net.
I have pasted information below that you can check out and decide whether or not you want to register. I would like to offer something up to you: You cannot discuss the location of your soldier. You must not tell people where your soldier is. There are accounts of terrorists surfing chatrooms of military families and trying to obtain information. Just be discreet and private about it and do not discuss your soldier or name your soldier online or in a chatroom and you will be fine.
There is another program, too. For a six dollar donation, a soldier will be given the opportunity to provide their child with a toy. You pay six dollars and the soldier sends a toy to his child with a card and the soldier also gets to choose the gift. It is a neat program and you can access that program at this link: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/2/prweb106818.htm
You don't have to adopt a soldier to take part. There are many programs on the Soldier's Angel website; for example, you can make a blanket that will be sent to a wounded soldier. It is a neat program. There is a story on the website where a soldier shows his blanket off. It is touching and heart warming. There is so much you can do to let soldiers know that you are here and that you care...about them.
I have said this before: I remember during the Vietnam war that I wondered why everyone hated my dad. It made me very sad. Now, you can do something that will effect the children as well as the soldier. Children need to see that they are not alone in their caring for their parent who is deployed. What a wonderful gift to give to a child.
Here is the story of Soldier's Angels and a link to the site can be reached by clicking on the title of this post. Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.
"If anybody is wondering: Where are the young idealists? Where are the people willing to devote themselves to causes larger than themselves? They are in uniform in Iraq, straddling the divide between insanity and order."
David Brooks
Please step forward and become a SOLDIERS ANGEL.
Adopt A Soldier , Write a letter, Make a Blanket of Hope or join one of our MANY teams NOW!
Our angels provide aide and comfort to ALL United States deployed & wounded military heroes. Angels who adopt a hero send a card or letter a week and at least two care packages a month. We have found that this support from home truly helps to " Bring Home Healthy Soldiers " Click on the title of this post to apply to be a Soldier's Angel or to discover how you can help in a number of different ways. If you are representing a company or group of people who wish to become involved with our program, please contact us: pcksoldieradoptns@sbcglobal.net.

6 comments:
Renee, you have a warm and wonderful heart!
I second what lightfeather said....
I'm on my way to sign up...thanks for the info. a
And I 3rd what lightfeather said.
This will continue my Pay it Forward to end the week.
Thankyou.
You know what I like about you, Renee??? That no matter what our stances are on politic, we can agree on one thing...that we need to take care of our soilders and bring them all home safely. Bless you for having such an amazingly caring soul...heaven is holding a special place for you!
Love,
Sarah
what a wonderful post !
so glad you wandered into my blog and now I have a chance to know you !
Hey there,
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm glad I stopped by yours.
I visited this soldiers' site and adopted a soldier. I have a friend that recently made it back in one piece, and would love to continue sending stuff over there.
Thanks for the info, will visit your blog again...
dawn
Post a Comment