06 June 2005

The zoo

Number one daughter and her kindergarten class went to the zoo on Friday. Husband was one of the chaperones. I had been concerned about Number Ond Daughter going all the way to the westside of Milwaukee and I was glad when I convinced Husband to go with her.

Her favorite animals were the goats and the giraffes. She saw my "pet" polar bear Zero, too. He holds a special place in my heart because I met and played with him when I was a midday radio personality. He was swimming in his pool and made a great impression on her. She also enjoyed the sea lions. They are dependable. They are always on the move, so she was treated to their antics.

Youngest wanted to go with them, "so, so, so bad," but of course he couldn't. He and I spent the day playing and creating. We painted and colored and played outside with the soccer balls. We have lawn darts, too and those are fun.

Oldest is going by school today. The senior class exited yesterday. Sigh. Time does fly.

Yesterday we grilled out. Worked soil for the garden...I have 11 green tomatoes!!! Whooooo hoooooooo. Zucchini, cilantro, oregano and spinach round out the vegies and herbs. I wanted to plant so much more, but spring never happened and we went from frost to 77 degrees...and a dew point near 70, which means that I am dying. I hate humidity. It makes my asthma flare and I cannot breathe. But there is a cure:

Yesterday in the heat of the garden tending, Husband found our Blues Clues sprinkler. The kids loved it! Oh Blue's ears twirl and she has a watering can and there are a million little fountains that shoot water into the air. Oldest came out and sat with us for a while, too, so it was especially nice. The kids ran and played and I enjoyed the millions of little rainbows dancing around Number One Daughter and Youngest.

The rainbows danced as if they knew without a doubt that my children are the pot of gold. Yes, I am rich, indeed.

3 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

What awesome pictures, Renee! The momma giraffe kissing her baby is adorable!!! I just love it!

Yes, youa re very rich, Renee. I am glad that I have your gold token of friendship always sitting in my pocket! :)

Sarah

lightfeather said...

I am so glad that things are starting to turn around and go your way my friend. I miss you.

Jenny said...

I have the same giraffe poster framed in my 2 year old's bedroom.