09 June 2005

Trans-plant

Number One Daughter had a fever today and didn't go to graduation eve today at K-5. Her tummy hurt and it was worse when she walked, so I thought it might be that doggone pink finger of an organ that no one knows the purpose of. After G got home from work, she settled down and finally ate something. Then she said, "I think I was just hungry." ahahahaha. Well that came after the emergency phone call to G to ask him if I should run her into the doctor. He suggested that we wait it out and if she began vomiting that we should go to the ER. Thankfully, we didn't have to make that trip.

Later on, I went outside with the kids today and I let them water the tomatoes. They had much fun squirting me with the hose and "accidentally" getting wet, even though today they weren't supposed to. Well, to know me is to also know that when it comes to fun-it usually wins out over silly restrictions, like 'no getting wet today.'

I was talking about transplanting the tomatoes, which G had done yesterday and Number One Daughter asked what it meant. I explained that it was moving something from one place to another. She thought about it for a moment and then said, "Oh! Trans-plant-tomatoes. Trans-walk-to the park. Trans-ride in the car to the store." Well I had to chuckle, though I was trying hard not to out right laugh, which I knew would hurt her feelings. I like her definition of trans-moving something, though.

Meanwhile, Youngest decided that he would water everything with the hose, himself, me, Daughter Number One, plants, chairs and then he washed "Heaven." He said simply, "For rainbows."

We picnicked outside tonight as it is hot and humid again...my kingdom for central air! Well, my kingdom for a lot of things right this minute, but truth be told, I like my little kingdom. It's filled with golden moments and little firsts that will be gone all too soon. It is filled with love and struggle and all of the things that make me appreciate the trans-moments. My kingdom is little, but it is surrounded by a very large heart and soul.

2 comments:

lightfeather said...

Your kingdom is a wonderful world! And you are a most wonderful princess!

for_the_lonely said...

Aren't kids the best? They have such great insight that we often overlook. I hope that you have a great weekend! Enjoy your "rainbows" from heaven! ;)

Sarah