07 June 2005

Say farewell to our teachers

What a year! My family was blessed with the best teachers and administrators. Sure we had our glitches, too, but all in all it was a great school year.

Number one daughter is having growing pains. She wants to stay in kindergarten, "forever." Sigh. Youngest just wants to GO to school...And Oldest has an appointment this summer with school.

Youngest can't wait to get in. Number one daughter wants to be there forever. Oldest can't wait to get out.


Life is like that. We, "hurry...hurry...hurry" to get where we are going. We rush to move forward and get a move on. Full-steam ahead. Full throttle.

Today, I just want to try to take it at 35 m.p.h. I know that I can fly through a day, but what I REALLY want to know is if I can glide through one. Can I not gloss over the special things and take time to appreciate them. Keep the television and computer off and give my undivided attention to my family. No distractions. No barriers. Just us.

Youngest can't wait to get in. Number one daughter wants to be there forever. Oldest can't wait to get out. And I want back in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh. to glide through a day.
makes me want to go to the beach.
sit watching the waves and sky.

for_the_lonely said...

I long to get back in too...:(

lightfeather said...

I second that emotion. I like the glide. sigh....