20 May 2005

Shed our skin

I do not know where I am going.
I don't know if I am where I should be or
if I should be moving
forward,
sideways,
backwards.
I do not know.

There are times when I feel like things are as they should be, but more often than not, I am wondering if this is the right place and time.

I am searching for balance. I am wondering when I will be ready.
Ready for what?
I do not even know that, but I have an idea.
Is it fair to want to be first?
Is it better to be last?

I am searching for answers, but only finding more questions. I am looking for my life, but only see the results of the past. I see my first child floundering and wonder how I can spare my little ones the same pain. I look at my husband and wonder what happened to my friend? I wonder if he asks himself the same question.

It's like being a snake...the time rolls by...then we stretch and grow, but we do not grow in one piece. We have to shed our skin...only then can we move on...only then can we truly grow.

2 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Quierda,
Te amo.

Sarah

lightfeather said...

Just know that where you are is always the perfect place for you to be when you are there. A time and place for every single thing. The good, the bad, the indifferent. The lesson to be learned. The journey of your soul. There is always the hand of The Great Spirit in it somehow and always the sprinkling of grace. There is peace in knowing. There is peace in knowing that this too, shall pass. There is something better up ahead. I promise.

I love you friend.