The best laid plans...ha! Well, it stormed for the better part of the day. Last time I looked at the forecast, it was supposed to be sunny and near 70 degrees. Okay, that was two days ago, but I am not a fan of the weather channel. As an aside, Alisha loves to watch the weather channel. She is fascinated that people can tell us what to wear. Stop laughing. I am letting her hold on to that for as long as she can-we know the truth about the weather.
Anyway, it stormed all day; in fact, it is raining right now. Inasmuch as we are not Ben Franklin and we do believe that electricity will pass through the string of a kite, Troy and I didn't get to fly kites, but I think what we did was more fun. My parents sent a care-package and we received it Monday. I had gone through it, but most of the items were still in the box. Troy pulled out one of many videos that Grandma and Grandpa sent and he asked if he could watch it. Sure! Then I snuck back over to the box and took out two small rectangular packages that went with it.

Well we didn't fly kites, but our notes rose to the occasion. We played and sang and then played and sang some more. There was a bit of excitement in the late afternoon because of tornado warnings, but mostly, we sang on the harmonica. I guess it was especially pretty, too because that ole tornado, savage beast that it is, calmed right down when it heard our music. So it must have been good...or maybe I have stumbled on the one weapon that will tame tornadoes. Wonder who I should call about that?

2 comments:
Tornado taming, harmonica playing duo! Yes! What a day, what a wonderful day that you both will remember forever! Someday when he's on his way to becoming a man-child, he will say, Do you remember...and you will smile :-)
And Alisha? I'm with her...now if those weatherfolks would just tell us how to match those outfits! Ha ha!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!
watch out for tornados.
Post a Comment