
The Sudan in Africa is no stranger to civil war and hunger. Starvation is going to become the number one killer in Darfur. Yes, even above violence. (Darfur has been the subject of ethnic genocide. If you are unable to read about it, watch Tears of the Sun, which stars Bruce Willis and Monica Belluci in this scene, they are looking out the door of a blackhawk helicopter and seeing the bodies of people murdered. Shortly after this view, Willis orders the pilot to turn around and so begins a tale of survival during the ethnic cleansing.)
Darfur is entering the rainy season, which will make it much more difficult to get food to the residents. Some experts say that a famine is a given in the region where starvation is already killing children every minute of every day.

I'm sorry, but these pictures are haunting me. I am sharing them with you because there is a very easy way for us to help and it is free... please click to donate food. Each time that you click, a portion is donated for food distribution. Please do it every day.
Click to Feed the Hungry
Dear God,
Please forgive me for complaining about anything in my life.
You provide for us each day.
Help us to not waste food.
We know hunger, but not starvation.
Thank you for your blessings.
Undeservingly your daughter,
With love,
Renee
5 comments:
This is one of my fav posts yet, Renee. Thanks so much for sharing the link with us. You know what sucks though? You can only click ONCE a day...you know me, I'd have a click-a-thon over here! ;)
You are so very special to me!
Hugs,
Sarah
I love you!
Hi Renee,
Thanks for your visit and go right ahead and rant all you want on my blog! I love Lightfeather, and her blog. As for the BS site.........I wish I would have thought of that. The only thing I keep thinking is that if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....IT'S A DUCK.
Hey Renee, look at the pic on my flickr site. The picture here in the comments is like 10 years old!
You were deleted? I expect nothing less of Mr. BS
In case anyone cares, I've got a review of Tears of the Sun I just wrote on my site. It's a decent movie, heart in the right place, even its Hollywood constraints sell it short.
We should have done something. Your "click for food" link is a nice idea.
Post a Comment