06 May 2005

Kites

Today we must fly a kite. Jumbled thoughts are grounding my soul. I know if I give the phantoms, ghosts and monsters flight that I will exercise them from my heart.

Every now and then, we have to re-examine our terrors. You know why? Because they are always with us and we have to accept them. They after all helped us become the people that we are supposed to be.

In my mind, I see it as looking at a rock. I know all of the crags and chips...I know every surface, but each time that I examine it, the rock gets smaller. Ultimately it won't hold me down with its weight any more. I look forward to that day and try not to rush it along. So today, I will give air to the thoughts that are troubling me and Troy will enjoy the sunshine and flight. Yep, today is looking up.

3 comments:

lightfeather said...

Have fun with your kites! I love your analogy about the rock with its crags and getting smaller and smaller and its no longer gonna weigh you down! I'm a rock too. I am polishing and polishing to become a gem! Things ARE looking UP!

Anonymous said...

may your ghosts
take flight on a kite
and mine a bike

for_the_lonely said...

Have a beautiful day
with your angelic son
release the rocks
into the heavens
by the wind that will
carry your kite.

Love,
Sarah