04 January 2006

Sago mine

My prayers go out to the families for their loss at the mine. I watched the whole thing unravel on CNN...from the announcement that there were 12 survivors through the press conferences.

The president of the company was so hurt and sincere. I hope that the families realize that he did not want to deceive them. He cried and said, "Well come to the worst day of my life."

The media tried to get him to place blame and then he stood very tall and said, "I'm not going to point fingers. Those men risked their lives to save the miners. I'm not interested in going down that road."

He explained how a cell phone call had been intercepted and how the information got out wrong. It was and is so very unfortunate.

Oh my dear God have mercy on everyone.

2 comments:

angela marie said...

The only people who have the right to point fingers this minute are the family members. They are deep in grief and deserve this time. I hope and pray that the rest of us can keep ourselves quiet and respectful and realize that these men performed dangerous jobs and hopefully all was as 'safe' as possible. More anger and hatred is what I fear.

Patricia said...

i couldn't help blogging about the same thing today. error or not, it's just all so very sad.