21 January 2006

Riding the River Thames

I am so sad that he died. I wondered why they loaded him aboard the ship. I thought that it might have been easier to shuttle him out between the two rubber raft boats that they corralled him in. Such a sad turn of events. An afternoon of sorrow with West Virginia mines taking center stage again. Prayers for healing to the families-again, she said wistfully.
No one really knows why he went up the river Thames, but here he is. I love whales. When people try heroic measures to save a creature, God must smile.

I watched whales migrate off of San Francisco at Point Reyes Station, California. They were humpback whales. Two fully grown whales and a calf was between them. It is a sight that I will never forget.

It puts things into perspective, doesn't it? All the weighty matters in the world and everyone eyes turn to a stranded North Atlantic Bottle-Nose whale in London. It gives me hope for "man."

1 comment:

Clare said...

He did get to see some great sights on his travels through London and they are now hoping that as the Whale got worldwide coverage it gives hope to the anti-whaling campaigns they have going on.