I was so angry with Fox Sports' Pre-Game show today that I wrote them a letter:
"Near the end of the pregame show on Sunday, January 15th, the blood drained from my face as James Brown announced that they were going to the White House for a breaking news report. In a year when we have troops on foreign soil and during a weekend when our country is being taken to task for an airstrike, you should not be joking around about breaking news from Washington D.C. In fact, the events of September 11, 2001 call for a greater sense of what is and isn't acceptable behavior regarding news events.
Regardless of the fact that it was "Mad T.V." We have relatives on the ground in the hotspots of the world and your indiscretion is reprehensible. It was wholly inappropriate. Further more, the tone and excessive banter of the Fox Sports team coupled with a shameful breaking news joke makes me question whether or not it is worth watching Fox Sports' pre, half-time and postgame coverage. Shame on you."
It was disgraceful in view. My stomach began to form knots as soon as James Brown made his statement.
In other sports this weekend, I am unhappy that Michelle Kwan was handed a spot on the U.S. Olympic figure skating team. In spite of the fact that she is beloved, she is injured and unable to participate. The spot should have been given to the bronze medal winner at Nationals. It is just a sad tribute to the politics that so over-rule athletic talent, competence and physical ability. Michelle is graceful and she has been trying for years to win the gold, but this year, the baton should have been passed.
The Steelers' victory over the Colts was much more sound than the score reflects. Me thinks Payton Manning will need an intertube to sit on this week. I really wanted Tony Dungy's team to go all the way to the Super Bowl. He has shown such grace under incredible personal loss. However, Bill Cower is a wonderful father and I can't deny that I like him as a man, too. Go Panthers! Go Seahawks. I think I would like to see a Seahawk vs. Steelers Super Bowl. And You?
15 January 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You had a funny thing on earlier. I wanted to let you know that I am with you on the whole Michelle Kwan thing. Love her but it is time for someone else to shine.
Thank you for offering your hand my friend. I am reaching out.
Loving you,
Lighty
totally on track with all three comments! although i'll admit that i really only heard my husband making similar comments about football ;)
I didn't see the pre-game show thing. I don't really watch them anyway because the bore the hell out of me. Just get to the game already.
I also didn't hear about Michelle Kwan. I agree though. She has no hope of winning a medal. And if she's injured, then give the spot to someone that can compete. That stuff happens.
ditto on the other comments.
hugs,
Karen
p.s.
just wanted to let you know that your concern has meant a lot to me. thank you for being such a kind loving soul :)
You nailed it all....
First off...I didn't see the James Brown thing. But I can see Fox doing that...and it is inappropriate. WTH?
Second....Michelle Kwan? I know! What in the world? Injured and full of politics. It just doesn't seem right to our next generation of girls coming out to skate for the USA. Don't they get it? In all of Winter Olympics...womens skating is like the cornerstone of the USA team? I just don't get why we are sending her.
And...lastly...you called it...Peyton is for sure sitting on an innertube.
I had to work all weekend and missed all the games. But watching and hearing all of the aftermath is unreal. I am disappointed in Peyton. Not only because of the way the game went, but his comments afterwards. There is no "I" in team, and you should never, ever blame your team.
I think it is safe to say Vanderjaqt will be looking for a job soon. You just do NOT miss a 35yard out, indoors, no wind chip shot field goal! wow.
Post a Comment