09 July 2006

Holy Cow, Batman

What a few weeks this has been! Everything that can happen, has...almost literally....
  1. 19 year old's car-the one that I bought for him just two or three months ago; his FIRST car-was parked in the street in front of our home and BAM! CRUNCH!! HOLY TOTALED CAR, BATMAN.
  2. On the bright side, no one was injured-a mother was on her cell phone when she ran into the car. Her children were with her...one-seven year old was in the front seat. It is almost miraculous that her children weren't hurt. Thank God.
  3. Then 19 yr. old bolstered by the mistaken encouragement of his father decided that he needed a status car. He drove all the way to Georgia to pick up a BMW. My son has a Beemer...it sits parked in the same spot as the Grand Prix...tempting fate and distracted drivers...but you can't tell a teen anything, huh? (I love him anyway.)
  4. G's great aunt passed away. In true fashion, the doctor gave her two weeks to live and she lingered for four weeks. No one EVER told her what to do or how to do it:) She lived a good long life.
  5. G's 102 yr. old great-grandmother is slipping away fast. She is lovely and was born in 1904. G is heartbroken, but taking it very well. He cares for her most nights as she makes her way to her journey home. He is an amazing man, my G. He is gifted with people who are reaching the end of their lives. Truly gifted.
  6. I signed a deal to write a mini-book. I did it. I finally signed a book deal. Even though it is a mini-book, I'm just happy that I achieved this milestone. I have wanted to write a book since I before I won a writing contest when I was in the 5th grade.
  7. I am listening to Music Choice-80's music channel right now. Mony Mony by Billy Idol is just starting. Do you know the story of Mony Mony? Tommy James wanted to write a dance craze song. He was in New York in a hotel room and a neon light was flashing: M-O-N-Y: Mutual of New York and music history was made:)
  8. I miss radio...does it show?

5 comments:

Heidi said...

OMG about the car..Thankgod noone was seriously hurt.

Congrats on the book..mini schmini a book is a book! :) What is it about?

sydwynd said...

Sorry to hear about the great aunt and grandma. No matter the age, losing someone is difficult.

Congrats on the book deal! Can't wait to see it on the shelves at my local bookstore!

Betsy said...

Glad no one was hurt.

Major congrats on the book deal. You'll have to tell us more....

Patricia said...

nothing "mini" about being published. huge congratulations on that accomplishment.

for_the_lonely said...

Yea for the book deal!!!!!!! I can't wait to read it! Sign me up for a copy! :)

Love you and prayers to all of you for the great grandmother's passing.

Love,
Sarah