I want to whisk my man away for a while. I think he deserves a bit of quiet and pampering. He has the best soul. He truly is the best man that I have ever known.Great Gma, passed yesterday at 4:55 p.m. G was there by her side. He told her, "Everything is going to be okay. It's okay to go." And then she took a few breaths several minutes apart and she slipped away toward the gates of Heaven.
It meant a lot to him that he was there. I admire him for his strength. I'm amazed that he is as okay with it as he is. He told me, "I've been given a great gift." He told me that he didn't like elderly people before this. You know they are hard of hearing and it is difficult to communicate with them, but now he feels a kinship with them. It is very neat.
He isn't impatient with elderly drivers anymore either. He just waits for them to go. It makes me feel bad.
I think that the United States is the only country in the world where we treat our elderly as a huge inconvenience. Others the world over treat them with respect and awe. Haven't they lived through so much! Can't they teach us so much?
I am determined to take this page from G's book and use it to develop one of my own. It is striking how childlike the elderly are. I think it is the way it is supposed to be. The innocence returns as we reach the end of our lives. Only with that innocence are we allowed to walk in Jesus' presence. It all makes sense in my heart now.
My husband is a great man.

4 comments:
enjoy your time with each other. blessings.
What an awesome guy. I don't know if I could be the same way. You are blessed to have a man like him.
I absolutely loved your post! Your husband is a great man who is lucky to also have you in his life.
G is a wonderful hu-man. You are both very lucky.
Love to you,
Lighty
Post a Comment