03 July 2006

Bless Us With Peace

"Daddy, where are you?" The little girl asked on this holiday.
In the lines of fire, Honey, so that you can live and play.
"Daddy when are you coming home?"
I miss you and don't like to play alone.

"Dearest Darling, The nights are so long without you by my side.
I am brave in front of the children and know they are your pride.
At night I sprinkle your after shave on your pillow to help me sleep.
I meet you in my dreams and feel my heart leap."

"We are filled with pride by your sacrifices so that we can live free.
And we send God's blessings to you and hugs from the kids and me.
We filled the care package with jerky, toiletries and love
Little snacks and gifts made by little hands with great love."

"How long is a month without you? Or even a single day?
Come home to me soon, my Love, I constantly pray.
Just a moment, Darling, there's a knock at the door..."
I turn the knob and see the uniforms before I crumble to the floor.

"Good night, my Darling," I manage to utter as I lay a rose on your grave.
"Good bye, Daddy," your baby sniffles, "you were so brave."
Just before I leave your grave, I stifle a sob-laden cry...
"Dear God in Heaven bless us with peace every Fourth of July."

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Renee..That was very moving..

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. Hugs!

Dr. Deb said...

Wow.
Totally moving.

Peace to us all.

lightfeather said...

I join your heart in prayer for peace.

Loving you,
Lighty