22 February 2006

Bitter Button...

It must be hard to be a two-time gold medalist. In fact, you must be in such great demand that you never get enough sleep. That is the sole reason that makes sense about Dick Button.

He sounds bitter. He sounds angry and it is impossible to enjoy figure skating with him spewing his drivel. I find him so offensive and in a poll of my family and friends, I am not alone.

I forget about Dick Button, but when the Winter Olympics roll around, I simply hope that NBC will have left this man behind. Why don't the NBC execs see his limitations and callousness? He has seen his day and it is time to get rid of him.

Scott Hamilton on the other hand is wonderful. I love the way he gets excited for the skater. It is so neat to listen to someone who loves the sport comment on the program being performed. He yells, "WHOA!" and it just makes me feel good.

Scott Hamilton watches the performance from the perspective of one who loves the sport. Button calls the shots from the position of "I am the king of all I survey." In other words, Button's over-blown ego is root of his bitter attitude.

Scott Hamilton is a pure joy to watch on the ice-his trademark back flip is highly entertaining. More than that, he is a man who faced his mortality repeatedly and keeps smiling. He is the epitome of a great performer.

So NBC, I am telling you can the man with the attitude. Button had his day on the podium and doesn't deserve the honor of commentating on the performances given by today's top figure skating athletes.

It is very sad to see someone so lost in his ability that he can no longer enjoy the sport. Most of all, it is sad to see NBC continue to employ this man who has long been a bore. Hand the mic to Scott Hamilton and turn Dick Button out to pasture. The smile in Scott's voice is far superior to anything that Button offers up.

6 comments:

Andie D. said...

I AGREE!

Scott's enthusiasm and his knowledge help the viewers not only understand the athletics, but really enjoy them.

Did you send this letter? If not, please do!

Kristie said...

I havent had a chance to watch the games this year, and i dont keep up so well with it all, but i think i know who you are talking about. (if i'm right) i agree!

Wanted to say thanks for checking out my site and let you know i came by to reciprocate. :)

Glad to hear the kids are doing good.

Heidi said...

Scott Hamilton is great!..He also hosts skating with celebrities.

sydwynd said...

I too have noticed that Dick Button has very little nice to say about anyone. Even in a good performance he points out every little flaw. He likes to repeatedly say no one knows how to do a sit spin. The guy bugs the hell out of me as well.

Lois Lane said...

You nailed this post. :) Couldn't have said it better myself.
I am so glad the girl is out of the hospital and doing well. What a scary thing for all of you to go through.
Lois Lane

Pete said...

so glad to hear that everything is ok with the little ones.

The aussie commetators for the W-O have been really great......not that I have had much time to do anything but baby stuff lately!