Fountains of Wayne's song Stacy's Mom is running through my head. It is one of those songs that I think about when I need to "strut." It is an ego boosting song. Enter self-talk, "That's right! I've got IT goin' on."Of course, I change the name of the girl to Number One Daughter and off I go. Self-talk is cheap, usually, and distructive, too. BUT sometimes I really challenge it and when I do that...
Honey, I GOT IT GOING ON!!!! Ahahhahahahahahahahahahaha This is MY house. ahahhahaha Use it! BE it! FEEL it! BELIEVE it! It transforms my day from ho-hum to OH YEAH.
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
Stacy can I come over
After school (after school)
We can hang around by the pool (hang by the pool)
Did your mom get back
from her business trip (business trip)
Is she there?
Or is she tryin to give me the slip (give me the slip)
You know I'm not the little boy that I used to be
I'm all grown up
Now baby can't you see!?
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
She's all I want, and I've waited for so long
Stacy can't ya see?
you're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but,
I'm in love with Stacy's mom
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
Stacy do you remember
when I mowed your lawn (mowed your lawn)
Your mom came out
With just a towel on (towel on)
I could tell she liked me
From the way she stared (way she stared)
And the way she said
"you missed a spot over there" (spot over there)
And I know that you think its just a fantasy
But since your dad walked out
your mom could use a guy like me
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
She's all I want and
I've waited for so long
Stacy can't ya see?
You're just not the girl for me
I know it may be wrong but,
I'm in love with Stacy's mom
Stacy's mom has got it going on (shes got it going on)
She's all I want and
I've waited for so long
Stacy can't ya see,
You're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong,
I'm in love with-Stacy's mom, ah-oh-ah-oh
I'm in love with-Stacy's mom, ah-oh-ah-oh
Wait a minute
Stacy can't ya see?
You're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but
I'm in love with Stacy's mom

5 comments:
That is one song I can not shake. Once I hear it, I mentally sing for days. LOL! Catchy little diddy.
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane
I love that song! My friend Staci had the DJ play it at her wedding!
I have never heard of this song Renee...I have to go search for it and hear it for myself. As u know I need some of that " Has it going on" attitude!
Have a great weekend.
Hi Renee, sorry I missed your birthday. It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your family and I have to say you have great kids too! You are such a terrific mom!
I never get your videos to play. I just assume they will not and on my daughter's computer, up pops Stacy's Mom. I enjoyed it so much I am playing it again! My daughter comes running over and asks where I got the video. I told her it is on your blog. She started telling me the lyrics and I laughed and said, "I can understand them and Renee wrote them for us!" LOL
Cool song....Cooler mom.
I bet you don't miss the earthquakes. I am so used to them though. As long as they are not the big scary ones.
And, both daughters wrote the HTML for me to use for bold and italic, etc., so, I had to promise I would at least try it! LOL
You are too cool for words, Quierda..you DO have it going on! :)
A song that is always in my head...Hollaback Gril...I even got the cd as an early Christmas present..it has been on constant repeat. LOL
Love ya,
Sarah
Post a Comment