26 December 2005

The day after...

The day after Christmas is always a day of recovery in our home. Come to think of it, it was in my parent's home, too.

We were up until five a.m. getting things ready. It wouldn't have taken so long, but Little Big Boy was congested and kept waking up. Number One Daughter actually marched into the kitchen during the wrapping! UGH...neither of us asked her if she had seen anything-we just scooped her along and back to bed.

Both kids were awake at five and I was ready to march downstairs and let the celebrating commence....but Number One Daughter fell asleep, so we all rested. We arose at 8:15.

I do not know when I enjoyed opening gifts more than yesterday morning. Every gift--even underwear were opened with ooohs, ahhhhhs and hoorays. We are blessed.

It was a nice day. Christmas Eve, I baked a ham and we enjoyed that, too. Today we are lazy getting out of bed. The kids are flitting from gift to gift. Between gifts, Little Big Boy sits at his drum set and gives us a drum solo. I have always loved the drums. Dave Clark of Dave Clark Five has long been my favorite drummer-I have many-but yesterday, I think I actually fell in love with my favorite drummer: Little Big Boy.

Number One Daughter is using Digidraw to help her with Thank you notes. It was a wonderful holiday...I didn't want to go to sleep last night...I didn't want to see Christmas end. It doesn't really end...we can carry it with us from day to day...if only everyone would try. I wish the "feeling" of Christmas lasted all year.

That will be my New Year's resolution: live Christmas 365 days a year.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I was smiling as I read your Christmas day.

So happy that it was wonderful day.

for_the_lonely said...

It sounds like your Christmas was beautifully blessed..that is awesome! :) I hope that your Christmas spirit is never lost ! :)

Love you,
Sarah